Registration for the coach seminar which will be held on Sunday 19 March 2017 from 9.00am to 1.00pm is now open. The venue will be announced at a later date. The seminar is a mandatory requirement for coaches who wish to renew the passes.
The tentative program for the seminar, which is a mandatory requirement for coaches who wish to renew their passes, is as follows:
– Opening Address
– Talk on ‘From a taekwondo practitioner to a taekwondo coach – a total development’ Dr Ho Mun Wai
– Talk on ‘How to talk so that children can learn more effectively in a taekwondo environment’ by Mr Lai Han Seng
– Talk on ‘Facilitating trainees’ development in a multi-cultural society’ by Mr Tan Yong Chen
– Talk on ‘A guide to safe taekwondo’ by Ms Delphine Fong
– Talk on ‘Instructional Strategies for Sports Coaching for Advanced Techniques’ by Mr David Yeo
The dress code for the seminar is ‘Dobok’. Please ensure that the ‘dobok’ is STF-approved.
All participants will receive a certificate of achievement.
The fee is $100 (inclusive of the coach pass renewal for 3 years). Club leaders and black belts may also attend the event for general knowledge. The fee is $60.
A late payment fee of $50 will be imposed after the closing date.
Please bring along 2 passport-sized photos if you wish to apply for the new coach pass. The coach pass application form will be available at the end of seminar.
We would to remind all coaches that the NCAP (Level 2) Technical and Poomsae Coach (Level 2) will be a requirement with effect from April 2017 for all local coaches who wish to coach at STF-organized or sanctioned tournaments. Announcement of the requirement was made at the 2014 Coach Seminar.
For registration, please complete the attached registration form and submit it with the relevant fee to the Singapore Taekwondo Federation office. The closing date of submission is Monday 27 February 2017.