The United Nation Office of Sport on Development and Peace (UNOSDP) will be organizing Youth Leadership Camp to be held in Gwangju, Republic of Korea (dates to be confirmed) and Sendai, Japan (2 to 15 March 2015).
We have received an invitation from World Taekwondo Federation today for nominations of participants between the ages of 18 to 25 years.
The purpose of the camp is to bring together youth who have the potential to be community leaders in the field of sport for development. The camp will be both, theoretical and practical in nature and provide participants with a toolkit on how sport can be best used to improve the social conditions in the participant’s home communities.
However, each nominee MUST meet the following criteria.
- The participants should be from the age of 18-25.
- They should be currently volunteering or working in the sport for development field and involved with community programmes.
- The participant should have a leadership role within their sport for development organization.
- Since one of the objectives of the camp is to share best practices and experiences from the field, UNOSDP is looking for young people with great social skills who would be ready to present and share their work in public.
- Most importantly UNOSDP is looking for participants who are motivated and dedicated to work in the field of sport for development and peace, bringing innovative ideas into their programmes and to this field.
- Since the official language of the camps is English, it is essential that the candidate has excellent conversational skills in English.
- There is strength in diversity and therefore we encourage persons with disabilities, people from different cultural backgrounds, with different experiences to come together to teach each other and to learn from one another.
All costs for the participants will be covered. NOTE: This does not include getting to and from airports in the home countries of the participants or the cost of the VISA application process.
Your nomination must be submitted to the STF by Friday 31 October 2014.