The Singapore Taekwondo Federation is inviting players (male and female) who are interested to don the national colours to join its national squad (poomsae and kyorugi).
The national squad is now open to all medalists in the national championships or other STF-sanctioned or organized championships.
- If you are a Singapore Citizen (born in 1997 or 1998) and eligible for the training squad and aspire to represent Singapore in the World Qualification Tournament for the Youth Olympic Games in 2014, you should ask your coach to nominate you for inclusion into the kyorugi squad.
- If you are a Singapore Citizen (born in 1998 or earlier) and keen to represent Singapore in the 2015 SEA Games which will be held in Singapore, you should also ask you coach to nominate you for inclusion into the poomsae and kyorugi squad.
You are invited to call Jolene, Theresa or Rosalind at 6345 1491 to register for admission into the squad.
The other criteria:
- Your entry into the squad must be approved by your coach. (If you have problems convincing your coach to allow you to join the club, the STF will try its best to see how it can assist you).
- You continue to be a paid member of your club.
- You are prepared to train at least 3 times a week in preparation for the short listing of players for the national team.
- You accept the code of conduct of squad members.
Affiliates which have potential players may recommend them for admission. The players may not have competed or have lost to the eventual medalists.
All affiliates are urged to encourage their members to join the national squad as it will provide good exposure for their players. They will have ample opportunity to exchange skills with better players and learn from each other.