Organisation : Singapore Taekwondo Federation (STF)
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Location : STF Office @ 35 Joo Chiat Place, Singapore 427759
National Training Centre @ 80 Lorong Limau, #04-191,
Salary : Competitive
Closing Date : 26 June 2023
Interview : 28 and 29 June 2023
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for energetic, resilient and self-motivated individuals, who are inspired by the power of sport, to play an active role in contributing to the sport of taekwondo and the fraternity.
You will be involved in the Singapore Taekwondo Federation’s (STF) exciting period of transformation by working together with colleagues and the Board as One STF team. The STF’s strategic vision and objectives encompass commercial strategies as well as to develop new revenue streams. As a team player, you play a critical role in building sustainable relationships with key stakeholders from both private and public sectors, commercial partners, clubs, peer organisations, the sport fraternity and the community. Operationally, you are required to improve processes regarding the delivery of sport programmes at all levels.
What is the role about?
The Operations Executive will be responsible for:
- Operationalises STF’s strategies and plans in achieving the mission and vision of the organisation, and entails formulation of STF’s strategies and plans in consultation with STF’s Board Committees, goals setting, budgeting, procurement and preparing reports
- Liaises with partners and stakeholders such as Sport Singapore (SportSG), Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC), regional and international sport federation, etc to further the organisation’s goals
- Assume an active role in the following national initiatives and responsibilities namely in the areas of safeguarding, anti-doping, sport integrity and data protection
- Practise good governance in ensuring policies and processes are in compliant with legislation and good governance principles, with periodical reviews and updates as required
- Perform administration/management of STF’s events and activities including publishing of content on STF’s website
- Ensure quality service to be provided to members, clubs and affiliated associations
- Provide secretariat support to the Board; and attend to public enquiries
Requirement and Skills
Degree or similar qualification in related area of job responsibilities
Two to three years of working experiences in sport-related environment; keenness in engaging and interacting with multi-stakeholders including public, volunteers, athletes, coaches, sports clubs, public agencies and private entities
Proficient in administration, paperwork as well as Microsoft Office or equivalence
Excellent project management, organising, facilitating and co-ordinating skills
Good communication skills, both oral and written while being IT, media and social media savvy are advantages.
Able to work on some evenings/weekends when required.
Interested applicants may send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This job may require enhanced background check and written reference(s) in relation to safeguarding/suitability to work with children, as well as continual professional development.
This job description is intended as an outline of area of responsibilities and not to be regarded as exhaustive or exclusive. The role may include other duties as from time to time which may be required by STF, SportSG and SNOC. In addition, the role shall be reviewed and updated for its currency as to serve the evolving needs of the organisation.