The 46th National Taekwondo Kyorugi Championships – Ambassador Cup 2018 will be on 7 & 8 September 2019 (Saturday and Sunday) and 14 & 15 September 2019 (Saturday and Sunday) at Toa Payoh Sports Hall.
Documents pertaining to the competition are attached.
For this year’s competition, please note the following information.
- The organizers will not accept incomplete submission. Submission after the closing date – that is, 8 August 2019 (Thursday) after 1600 hours – will be rejected.
- Participating team must provide at least one referee per every 30 participants for the duration of the championships to qualify for participation. The referee may not be the same person. For example, it is acceptable for a club to submit four referees, one each for every competition day. A club will be barred from future participation if its referee fails to fulfill his or her obligations without the approval of the Tournament Chairman.
- Each affiliate is allowed to field in more than one player per weight category per division.
- The eligibility grade for the national championships shall be based on April 2019, second quarter grading season or the player’s last grading before April 2018 if he or she did not take his or her grading in that month.
- Strictly not allowed to employ coaches from other clubs to coach their members during the competitions and. field their athletes under other clubs.
- Clubs must produce sufficient coaches to take care of their own athletes during the competition especially when 4 courts are used. Athletes will be disqualified if coaches from their clubs are not available to accompany them to the arena. It will not be acceptable to use the excuse that the athlete’s coach is at another court as the competition cannot be delayed
- Introduce head kicks for cadets (12 to 14) and juniors (15 to 17) to provide them the opportunity to optimize their skill development. There will be two categories for the two divisions – that is cadet and junior players can participate in either the head kick or non-kick category. For the head kick category, players will be required to wear headgear with protective face shield.
If you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to call me at 91064421 or any of the Secretariat staff at 63451491.
We look forward to your continued support and co-operation for a smooth, successful and memorable tournament.