In the interest of protecting the integrity of taekwondo in Singapore through the elimination of doping, the Singapore Taekwondo Federation (STF) shall accept the World Doping Code (Code) and adopt, support and implement the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Anti-Doping Rules. This means the STF will protect the players’ fundamental right to participate in doping-free sport and assist in the detection, deterrence and prevention of doping.
The STF will ensure that all players under its charge shall
- be knowledgeable of and comply with all anti-doping policies and rules applicable to them;
- be available for sample collection conducted according to the Code;
- take responsibility, in the context of anti-doping, for what they ingest and use;
- inform medical personnel of their obligation not to use prohibited substances and prohibited methods; and
- take responsibility to make sure that any medical treatment received does not violate the anti-doping policies and rules applicable to them.
In addition to ensuring that the players follow the instructions required for testing, the STF will recognize the results of laboratory analysis by Anti-Doping Organisations conducted in accordance with the Code.
The STF may also carry out all medical testing deemed necessary to ascertain if a player has committed a breach of the anti-doping policies and rules.
RECOGNITION OF VIOLATIONS AND OFFENCES
The STF will also recognize and respect the decision of Anti-Doping Organisations, the WTF, the Singapore National Olympic Council or the Singapore Sports Council that a player has committed an anti-doping rule violation or a doping offence if the finding is consistent with the Code within the authority of the body concerned.
SUPPORT OF HEARINGS/DECISIONS
As long as the principles of fair hearings are adhered to, the STF will support the hearing body and its decisions. The principles are as follows.
- a timely hearing
- a fair and impartial hearing body
- the right to be represented by counsel at the player’s own expenses
- the right to be fairly and timely informed of the asserted anti-doping violation and resulting consequences
- the right of each party to present evidence including the right to call and question witnesses
- a timely, written and reasoned decision
The STF shall comply with all anti-doping requirements expected of it by the World Taekwondo Federation, the Singapore Sports Council and the Singapore National Olympic Council.