The Singapore Taekwondo Federation (STF) will introduce an Active Aging Programme for those who are more than 55 years old. The programme will be launched on Sunday 16 March 2008.
The details of the programme are as follows.
- Training Day:Every Sunday
- Time:10 am to 11.30 am
- Place:National Training Centre (NTC)
- Dress code:‘Dobok’
- Eligibility: Must be at least 55 years old with some experience in the sport
- Registration:Call Jolene or Linda at 63451491
- Closing Date:Monday 10 March 2008
The programme aims to provide former taekwondo members the opportunity to
- be active or remain to be active participating in the sport they enjoy,
- revalidate their grades (if they have lost their records),
- practice their skills,
- learn the latest techniques and tactics,
- renew their friendship or make new friends in a familiar environment,
- contribute to the sport and, most importantly,
- have fun while doing their workout together.
If you are interested in the programme and cannot find your old STF designed uniform (anything older than the first STF designed uniform is best left in the museum), you may purchase one at Liang Seng Sports Equipment Pte Ltd at 260 Tanjong Katong Road. Just let Jasmine, the young lady in charge of the store, know that you are doing the ‘Double ‘A’ Programme’ and you will get a special discount for your uniform.
You may also wish to know that parking is free at the NTC on Sundays.
Well, you’ll never too old to kick around! Join the programme!