We are pleased to inform Affiliates that St Patrick’s School is look for a Coach for Taekwondo classes for beginners at Secondary One level.
Details of Requirements are as follows:
- Number of classes: 8 Secondary One classes of 40 students per class
- Duration of lesson: One-hour lesson per week per class
- Period : 10 weeks
- Implementation : 2nd Term of 2021 ie from 22 Mar 2021 to 28 May 2021
- Equipment : Coach to provide equipment, where required, in conducting the classes
- Grading : Grading of students is not required
- The school would like to invite our Affiliates who are keen to provide the Coach for their Taekwondo classes to quote for 8 classes of students of 40 students per class @ 1 hour lesson per week per class for 10 weeks in the 2nd Term of 2021 (ie from 22 Mar 2021 to 28 May 2021).
- The Coach is required to spend 8 hours per week in school, at 1-hour lesson period per class. The 8 hours per week commitment will be that of the day and time during the school week that the eight PE classes are scheduled in the individual class PE timetables.
- Compliance with Coach/Student ratio of 1:20 set by MOE. Therefore, for a class of 40 students, there should be 2 Coaches.
- In case of Relief Coaches where appointed Instructors is not able to conduct the class for some reason, the Relief Coach will also have to satisfy MOE’s requirements.
- As there could be concurrent classes occurring during the week, the Coach is required to make adjustment to accommodate the affected classes.
The objective of the programme is to give the students the exposure to Taekwondo and the disciplined training that is interwoven with the sport. Therefore, the syllabus is required to include the following:
- The 5 tenets of Taekwondo ie Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control and Indomitable Spirit.
- Conditioning Exercises coupled with strength, fitness and stamina training
- Taekwondo essentials ie Stances, Blocks, Hand and Arm Strikes, and Kicks
- Target Training, Partner Training and Contactless Free Sparring
(To add on additional training elements as needed for beginners)
Coaches who conduct the lessons will have to meet the requirements for coaches as set out by the Ministry of Education.
Interested Affiliates may send the quotation for service for St Patrick’s School consideration as follows:
Mr Selvanayagam Sivalingam
Teacher, PE Dept
St Patrick’s School