Joint public announcement on the Wong Liang Ming vs Singapore Taekwondo Federation defamation case 2020
- The Singapore Taekwondo Federation (STF) is pleased to announce the settlement of the dispute between former STF Secretary General and Head Coach, Ms Wong Liang Ming and STF.
- On 18 September 2020, Ms Wong Liang Ming commenced a claim for defamatory remarks purportedly made by STF in relation to the announcement dated 19 May 2020 on her suspension.
- Through a series of mediations, negotiation and discussion, parties have arrived at an amicable resolution to the matter. The terms of the settlement shall remain strictly confidential, and parties hope to be able to move on for the betterment of Taekwondo.
- STF acknowledges Ms Wong’s significant contributions to the development, growth and promotion of Taekwondo for over 40 years, as a national athlete, coach and sports administrator, both locally and internationally..
- With this closure, the STF Board wishes Ms Wong well in her future endeavours and affirms STF’s commitment and resolve to focus on sport development and pursuit of Sports Excellence.