The National Pesta Sukan Taekwondo Championships will be on 29 & 30 August 2009 (Saturday and Sunday) and 5 & 6 September 2009 (Saturday and Sunday) at Yishun Sports Hall.
Documents pertaining to the competition are attached.
For this year’s competition, please note the following information.
- The organizers will not accept incomplete submission. Submission after the closing date – that is, 8 August 2009
- Every participating team must provide at one referee for the duration of the championships to qualify for participation. The referee may not be the same person. For example, it is acceptable for a club to submit four referees, one each for every competition day. A club will be barred from future participation if its referee fails to fulfill his or her obligations without the approval of the Tournament Chairman.
- Each affiliate is allowed to field only one player per weight category per division. However, those born from 1 January 1993 to 31 December 1994 are allowed to participate in both the Junior and the Youth Divisions. The Youth Division is only open to poom and black belt holders. The top four players in each category will ‘fight’ again in theSingapore (Youth Olympic Games) Elite Youth Taekwondo Championships. The event has been tentatively scheduled to be held on 6 and 7 January 2010 at Suntec Singapore International Convention Centre Hall 401. It will be based on the repechage system.
- Head kicks are not be allowed for Junior and Young Junior Divisions.
- The eligibility grade for the national championships shall be based on April 2009 grading or the player’s last grading before April 2009 if he or she did not take his or her grading in that month.
- Only red belts who obtained their grades in the April 2007 grading or later are allowed to participate in the red belt divisions.
- New rules without video replay shall be adopted. This means, among other things, that points will be awarded on a graduated system.
- Weigh-in shall be conducted on the competition day when players report at the inspection desk. There will be only weigh-in. Players who are overweight or underweight shall be disqualified. A weigh-in machine similar to the one used for the official weigh-in shall be provided for the players to check their weight before they are officially weighed. No weight allowance will be given.
- Male and female players are required to wear the following equipment on entering the arena: head gear, trunk protector, forearm guard, shin guard, groin guard, gloves and mouth piece. In-step guard is optional. All equipment used must be WTF or STF-approved.
If you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to call Mr Lee Thiam Poh, Tournament Chairman, at 9106 4421 or any of the Secretariat staff at 6345 1491.
We look forward to your continued support and co-operation for a smooth, successful and memorable tournament.