The 39th National Taekwondo Kyorugi Championships will be held over 2 weekends on 22, 23, 29 & 30 September 2012 at Yishun Sports Hall.
The details and competition forms are attached.
For this year’s competition, please note the following information.
- The organizers will not accept incomplete submission. Submission after the closing date – that is, 24 August 2012 (Friday) after 1630 hours – will be rejected.
- Every participating team must provide at one referee for the duration of the championships to qualify for participation. The referee may not be the same person. For example, it is acceptable for a club to submit four referees, one each for every competition day. A club will be barred from future participation if its referee fails to fulfil his or her obligations without the approval of the Tournament Chairman.
- Each affiliate is allowed to field only one player per weight category per division.
- The eligibility grade for the national championships shall be based on July 2012 grading or the player’s last grading before July 2012 if he or she did not take his or her grading in that month.
- New rules without video replay shall be adopted. This means, among other things, that points will be awarded on a graduated system.
- Weigh-in shall be conducted on the competition day. During weigh-in, the contestants shall wear T-shirt & short. However, weigh-in may be conducted in nude in a room if the contestant wishes to do so. There will be only one weigh-in. Players who are over weight or under weight shall be disqualified. A weigh-in machine similar to the one used for the official weigh-in shall be provided for the players to check their weight before they are officially weighed. No weight allowance will be given.
- Male and female players are required to wear the following equipment on entering the arena: head gear, trunk protector, forearm guard, shin guard groin guard, gloves and mouth piece.
If you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact the Tournament Chairman at 9106 4421 or any of the Secretariat staff at 6345 1491.
We look forward to your continued support and co-operation for a smooth, successful and memorable tournament.