The 48th National Taekwondo Kyorugi Ambassador Championships 2023 will be held on 9 & 10 September 2023 (Saturday and Sunday) and 16 & 17 September 2023 (Saturday and Sunday) at Toa Payoh Sports Hall.
Documents pertaining to the competition are attached.
For this year’s competition, please note the following information.
• The closing date for this championship is Thursday, 17 August 2023, 1600hrs (4pm). Incomplete submission will be rejected.
• Participating team must provide at least one referee per every 50 participants for the full duration of the championship to qualify for participation. The referee may not be the same person. For example, it is acceptable for a club to submit four referees, one each for every competition day. A club will be barred from future participation if its referee fails to fulfil his or her obligations without the approval of the STF Tournament Sub-Committee Chairman.
• Each affiliate is allowed to field in more than one player per weight category per division.
• The eligibility grade for this championship shall be based on / before 9 August 2023.
• Clubs must produce sufficient coaches to take care of their own athletes during the competition. Athletes must be accompanied by their
coaches to the arena to compete or else the athletes shall be disqualified without the accompaniment of their coaches. There will be four (4) courts and competition will be conducted concurrently. It is unacceptable to cite the athlete’s coach is at another court as the competition have to proceed and cannot be delayed.
• Introduction of Head Kick Category, in addition to the Non-head Kick Category for cadets (Aged 12 to 14) and juniors (Aged 15 to 17) is to provide them the opportunity to optimise their skill development. The cadet and junior participants can choose to participate in either a) Head Kick Category or b) Non-kick Category. Participants must wear headgear with protective face shield to compete in the Head Kick Category.
• Past and / or current national athletes are defined as athletes who have been selected by Singapore Taekwondo Federation to represent the country to compete in international Non-G/G1/G2/G4/G8/G12/G20 Taekwondo Championships. These national athletes will only be allowed to compete in the Open Category.
• Other Dan grade participants are allowed to complete in the Open Category, but they may only choose to participate in one individual category (i.e. only Open Category or Senior Category).
• Non-STF Dan grade certificate holders from STF affiliates (World Taekwondo/Kukkiwon recognised certificates – must be under respective National Sports Association [NSA]) & invited parties are able to participate in the Open Category.
If you require any clarifications, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your continued support and co-operation for a smooth, successful and memorable tournament.