The General Grading Syllabus was amended in January 2009.
As a result of the amendments, the following will replace the existing grading requirements for the respective grades. They will take effect from the April 2009 grading.
- White 10-Introductory Poomsae
- White 9-Preliminary Poomsae
- Red 2-Taegeuk Chil-Jang plus one optional
poomsae (Sa-Jang to Yuk-Jang)
- Red 1-Taekgeuk Pal-Jang plus one optional
poomsae (O-Jang to Chil-Jang)
- 1st Poom-Koryo plus two optional poomsae
(Yuk-Jang to Pal-Jang)
Candidates will be required to execute the respective techniques after they have completed performing their poomsae.
- White 9-Turning kick
- Yellow 8-Front kick followed by turning kick
- Yellow 7-Side kick
- Green 6-Back thrust
- Green 5-Side kick followed by back thrust
- Blue 4-Reverse kick
- Blue 3-Turning kick followed by reverse kick
- Red 2-Front kick following by jumping front kick
- Red 1 -360 degrees turning kick followed by back thrust.
For each grade, candidates shall execute the kick or the combination kicks 3 times towards the examiner and 3 times towards the starting point. Each kick or combination kicks have to be performed according to command.