In view of the evolving COVID-19 situation, Sport Singapore (SportSG) has provided operational guidance on physical distancing measures. In particular, all senior-centric activities and youth-centric programmes will be suspended with immediate effect until 7 Apr 2020. On 24 March 2020, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has also announced tighter measures to minimize further spread of Covid-19.
In addition to what we have previously published, the Singapore Taekwondo Federation (STF) will be adopting the following measures.
- TeamGold trainings on Sundays for our senior members has been suspended since 11 March 2020. This suspension will be extended till 7 April 2020.
- The physical component for the Selection Trials for National Squad training on 21 March 2020 was postponed and a new date will be scheduled after 7 April 2020.
- National Squad trainings will be suspended till 7 April 2020.
- All STF-organized courses and activities (including supplementary gradings) will be suspended till 7 April 2020.
- 176th Centralized Grading (http://www.stf.sg/grading/2159-176th-centralised-grading).
Affiliates are advised to take the necessary precautions to minimize transmission risks to their students. This includes adhering to SportSG measures to suspend activities for seniors, youth and children.
Please note that as per MOH, All centre-based tuition and enrichment classes will be suspended. This is to reduce the intermingling of students from different schools and enhance the safety of our students. These measures will take effect from 26 March 2020, 2359 hours. These measures are expected to be in place until 30 April 2020, but MOH may extend these measures if the situation does not improve.
The MOH will be promulgating Regulations under the Infectious Diseases Act to give legal force to the safe distancing measures, as well as to provide enhanced enforcement for breaches of the SHN. The penalty for an offence under the Regulations, including any SHN breach, would be a fine of less than $10,000 or imprisonment of less than six months or both. In addition, existing levers under the Infectious Diseases Act, including the temporary suspension of operations, may be used against persons and operators found to be non-compliant with the Regulations.
STF is currrently making further inquiries with the relevant authorities. Please check the website for further updates.