The Federation will be conducting open selection trials for the following 2 events.
- 12th Asian Cities Gold Cup Taekwondo Championships (11 years & above)
22 to 24 February 2008 in Hong Kong, China
- Teluk Danga International Games (for players between 17 to 23 only)
20 to 24 February 2008 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
The top eligible players in the respective categories will represent Singapore in the first tournament while the second eligible players will go to the second tournament subject to the fulfillment of the requirements.
The selection schedule is as follows.
Date – 2 December 2007 (Sunday)
Weigh-in – 12.00pm to 1.30pm
Selection – 3.00pm onwards
Venue – STF National Training Centre
80 Lorong Limau
Eligibility – At least a 1st dan or poom blackbelt
Good fitness level (the STF reserves the right to
request proof from a medical practitioner)
We would like to invite your players to participate in the trials.
Please fill in the attached form and submit it to the Secretariat by Friday, 30 November 2007. We reserve the right not to accept late submission. There is no limit to the number of players you can field. The trial is open to Singapore Citizens only. A copy of their blackbelt certificate or card and identity card must be attached with the submission form.
Registered players for the trials are to report at the National Training Centre at before 12.00pm. They shall be considered for the category based on their actual weight at the weigh-in and not according to the weight submitted in the form as we do not want to disqualify any players. No weight allowance will be given.
Please take note of the following.
- Shortlisted players will be eligible for the final trial only if they fulfill the 70% attendance from the time they were shortlisted. The final selection trial is scheduled to be held on 20 January 2008.
- The first team (top eligible players) selected at the final trial will represent the Singapore at the 12th Asian Cities and the second team (second eligible players), at the Teluk Danga International Games. However, players are required to fulfill the attendance requirement from the time they are selected to be eligible for participation at the 2 tournaments.
- They will also be required to join the development squad as part of the selection critieria.
The selection trial and Player’s Undertaking forms are attached. The Player’s Undertaking forms must be signed by parents for players under the age of 21 years old. Players will not be allowed to participate in the selection trials if they are unable to produce the forms on 2 December 2007 before the weigh-in.